Taking time to reflect around your birthday gives opportunity to look back and be thankful for all the life you’ve lived, and then to look forward with hope for an even better future.
My hope in sharing these tidbits is that you let them sink down deep and are encouraged to live your best life, from this moment forward.
28 Things I Learned In My 28th Year
- It IS best to give out what you want in return (like the golden rule : treat others as you want to be treated).
- Allow yourself to feel every emotion as you are feeling it.
- Time does not heal all wounds, the work you put in during that time is what heals your wounds.
- Asking for forgiveness does not mean they must forgive.
- Forgive freely.
- You are responsible for you + only you.
- Accept criticism as a tool to increase your knowledge.
- Learn well.
- Learn often.
- Love well.
- Love often.
- Take excellent care of yourself : physically, spiritually + emotionally.
- Shame is a dirty trickster.
- Humility is the opposite of pride.
- A thankful heart is a happy heart.
- Self-control is vital to growth.
- The storms of life are inevitable : persevere!
- No one is exempt from hardship.
- Take notes from giant sequoias and gather community to interlock roots with so that when storms do come, you have deep support to help you make it through.
- Depression + anxiety are no joke.
- Give up on escaping.
- When approaching conflict, always use a gentle start up without pointing fingers. Remember when you point there are always 3 fingers pointing back at you.
- Celebrate with those who are celebrating and weep with those who are weeping.
- If you have a “fixer” personality, remember that not everyone wants to be viewed as a problem who needs fixing.
- You have the power to make + do + be great things.
- Always have something to look forward to.
- Sharing IS caring.
- It’s easier to give advice than to take your own and live it out, darn it!
Wishing you health, wealth + happiness,